Friday, February 8, 2008

Life's simple pleasures are the best


Sometimes with the rhythms of life we become consumed with the mundane and forget to look for things that give us joy. Today was one of those days. As I left for work Becky was standing by the front window waving goodbye and blowing me a kiss. As I drove to work I was grateful that it wasn't snowing. After arriving to my office I looked out the window and noticed that the sun was shining and the sky was blue. I realized that sunny days had been few and far between in the past months. I was flooded with the richness of color and warmth I felt in viewing the vista.

Soon I noticed an enormous flag waving in the illumination of the early sunlight. At that moment I also spotted movement and to my delight a flock of geese were in flight heading to the southwest valley. Then I noticed the beautiful caps of the majestic Wasatch mountains generously frosted with fluffy layers of powdery snow.

It was nice to begin the day with joyful observations and I realized that amidst a week of stress I was blessed to be alive. I then pondered the the richness of life I enjoy because of my family.
What simple joys have you enjoyed lately? I'd love to hear of your observations.

3 comments:

The Bradford said...

i like it when friends call...

HR said...

Talking to mom and dad.

Anonymous said...

Driving down an empty country road with endles fields of white snow on both sides of me and being a lone to think it about it all...