Monday, January 7, 2008

Undefeated!


Wii be Boxing from Doug Roper on Vimeo.

We got a Wii for Christmas. It really does burn more energy than traditional video games and it's great fun. Everyone enjoyed playing various virtual games including golf, bowling, tennis, baseball and boxing. Carnival games, racing and Mario Party 8 were also favorites.


Grandma Aanerud was content to watch us all participate in our newfound adventures. Before she departed for home we convinced her to join us in bowling. After explaining the buttons and control action needed to serve the ball she got her first strike. Imagine her delight and our admiration when she hit 3 strikes in a row for a "turkey". Soon the game was over and she finished with a 180, a family record. Well of course we had to challenge her to a rematch. We did and she smoked us again with a 178.

Today, Heidi beat me soundly in boxing. Boxing is clearly the most vigorous of all the games we've played. After knocking me out twice in rapid succession she quickly reminded me of her UNDEFEATED record for boxing.

I convinced Becky to challenge the champ. Did the champion reign supreme? Oh the drama. Oh the stamina. Oh the outcome.

4 comments:

HR said...

If it's any consolation, Jensen always smokes me in wii boxing.

Amy said...

ohhhh snap :)

HR said...

I'd like to see a match between Jensen and Becky... Family Championship!

Anonymous said...

I'll take on Jensen! I'll have to get in better shape though! Jensen in the Wii Champ!