Friday, December 28, 2007

Jake's Big Rollover


So...Grandma and I went down to Costco to hang out with the other old folks down there. Is it my imagination or is Costco like a super-sized senior citizen magnet? Anyway, our mission was to get a Jordan Commons Discount Entertainment Card and some All Bran. One of these items would be a great shopping tip for Liv Simpl ($39.00 buys you $50.00 worth of fun) .

This; so we could send the kids to the movie (National Treasure: Book of Secrets) and so we could watch, as in, baby sit the big Jake (Our first born grandson).

We had previously showered Christmas gifts on Jake with the predestined intent to enhance his mobility skill set.

Once the kids (I love how you can call full grown adult parent-people, kids when you are a grandparent) were gone, we set the wheels in motion and proceeded to over-stimulate the little guy with pediatric entertainment implements. Imagine our delight when Jake rewarded our grand parental indulgences by rolling over multiple times, including front to back and back to front. Did I mention that he did this multiple times?

Of course Mom is jealous and mad at us but, "Hey timing is everything" and this is one of a grandparents rights of passage. We hope you enjoy the premier and Happy New Year. My attorney advised me that I should note that Jake has rolled over a number of times before in the presence of the kids.

p.s. Blogs are great, especially when you preempt your own kid's post. Did I mention "the kids" asked me to email the movie to them so they can put it on their own blog? (Evil Laugh)

To see the actual video you need to go to Jake's Page at http://www.rathbuns.org (only authorized individuals may access).

1 comment:

Amy said...

Jealous! MAD! Great, and now I'm sure you're going to call me defensive! I AM NOT DEFENSIVE!